Take the Virtual Dementia Tour at Earlsfield Court on Wednesday 24th November and experience first-hand what it is like for people who live with dementia.
The Virtual Dementia Tour is your opportunity to walk in their world, learn how they perceive the world around them and understand how their environment has become. It will show you how best to care for a loved and how to keep them safe.
Research reveals more than 850,000 people in the UK have dementia and this number is steadily on the rise. One in 14 people over the age of 65 live with dementia, which affects 1 in 6 people over 80. It is estimated that by 2025, the number of people with dementia in the UK will be over 1 million.
Whilst dementia can be scary, isolating and confusing there are ways to help reduce someone’s symptoms and help them feel comfortable with themselves and with the environment around them.
At Cinnamon luxury care our dementia care is all about celebrating the uniqueness of the individual, offering care that is compassionate and preserving dignity whilst caring for our elderly residents.
The Cinnamon dementia strategy
- A team that is trained in the fundamental principles of dementia care and led by a dementia specialist
- Care that celebrates the uniqueness of every individual
- Daily activity and living experiences that are geared to the people we are caring for, and which represent their life’s journey
- Personal and shared living spaces that are homely, comfortable and reflect the personalities that live there
- A pleasurable dining experience that is built around the needs and preferences of every individual
- Support to family and friends so that they can understand and participate in the care that we deliver
- Ongoing development of the way we do things; working with professionals to keep in touch with research and innovation
- Supportive, compassionate care until end of life