Cinnamon Care Collection has an evolving contingency plan in response to the coronavirus outbreak and in line with Public Health England we are following their advice to minimise the spread of the infection. Our top priority remains maintaining the health and well-being of our residents, team members and the wider community.
Family visits to the home
In response to the latest Government guidelines we are now delighted to be able to facilitate families to visit their relatives. At present we are pre-booking a visit per fortnight, between the hours of 2pm and 4.30pm. However, we ask that the following criteria be observed:
• Residents need to consent to the visit. Where they lack the capacity a best interest decision can be made and documented (visiting should not cause undue distress to the resident).
• Visiting should occur outside in open spaces in accordance with the current national guidance. To facilitate this, the Home has set up a visiting area in the garden.
• All visits will be scheduled to avoid multiple visits occurring at the same time, which could lead to crowding and issues social distancing
• Visits will be limited to a maximum of 30 minutes, and to a maximum of 2 people from same household.
• All visitors will be met at the front door to be screened and confirm that have not been contacted by NHS Test & Trace service.
• Social distancing of 2 meters will be required.
The use of face covering is not a general recommendation in open spaces. However in cases where we consider that the resident may not be able to understand the social distancing measure, for example residents living with dementia, family member(s) will be provided with a mask and apron to wear during the visit.
Visitors are still not permitted inside our homes, apart from in exceptional circumstances. In this instance we will screen every visitor on arrival, take their body temperature, advise on our hand washing protocol and ensure they have no symptoms. Use of PPE will be required which we will supply for you.
Please contact the care home team directly to book a visit.
We are still taking new admissions so if you feel that a loved one could benefit from the care and support offered at a Cinnamon Care Home, then in the first instance please call our Home Admissions Advisor for more information. All new residents will be tested for Covid-19 on admission and will be required to self-isolate until the test results are returned. Results are typically returned within 72 hours.
We will continue to review our contingency plans daily, as well as taking advice from the Government and Public Health authorities.
As ever, we are immensely proud of the care and love our teams are providing in extremely challenging times.
Read Our Frequently Asked Questions