At Rectory Court care home, we are proud to deliver first-class care round-the-clock, every day. Our residential care home in London lies just south of the River Thames in Blackheath, and provides person-centered care that focuses on understanding individual needs. The friendly team here are on-hand 24-hours a day to provide support and care for our residents that is compassionate and warm-hearted.
Our unique approach lies in a thorough understanding of the ‘whole’ person through learning about their past, their interests and personal likes, and getting to know everything about them. This helps to create a tailored care plan that focuses on supporting each resident’s personal needs as well as providing stimulation and encouragement to live life to the fullest.
Everything about the care in our luxury home is about being encouraging and supportive. We take the time to understand each person’s unique personality, learning about what they enjoy doing as a favourite pastime and what gives them a sense of purpose.
Our friendly care team are on-hand 24 hours a day to support residents with everyday tasks such as washing and dressing, personal care as well as ensuring medication is taken on time.
The Rectory Court team are supported by GPs and other healthcare providers such as district nurses to ensure the wellbeing of each resident.
We understand that nobody’s dementia is the same and that each person expresses their symptoms very differently. Our care team build trusting relationships with each resident to understand the mental and social factors that trigger their dementia symptoms to provide personalised care according to their needs.
The dementia care in our home hinges on taking an integral approach to understand each person’s needs and providing compassionate care that allows them to live a full and meaningful life. It helps reduce the symptoms of dementia to make them feel comfortable and at home.
The Cinnamon Dementia Strategy
- A team that is trained in the fundamental principles of dementia care and led by a dementia specialist
- Care that celebrates the uniqueness of every individual
- Daily activity and living experiences that are geared to the people we are caring for, and which represent their life’s journey
- Personal and shared living spaces that are homely, comfortable and reflect the personalities that live there
- A pleasurable dining experience that is built around the needs and preferences of every individual
- Support to family and friends so that they can understand and participate in the care that we deliver
- Ongoing development of the way we do things; working with professionals to keep in touch with research and innovation
- Supportive, compassionate care until end of life
At Rectory Court, the care in our home is dignified and respectful of each person’s individuality. It is a place where family members have the assurance their loved one is being cared for by a friendly team as they take a well-earned break. Our short-stay respite care is also a great opportunity to experience our beautiful care home before choosing to move in as a permanent resident.
Convalescence care at Rectory Court is provided by a skilled team to help speed up recovery following an illness or a hospital visit. For emergency admissions from hospital we aim to move you in following a pre-admission assessment within 24-hours.
We’d love to meet you!