At the centre of our person-centred care lies a thorough and compassionate understanding of each person’s unique needs. Each move into a Cinnamon care home starts with getting to know the ‘whole person’ to learn about their specific care requirements and learning about their past and personal interests. This helps to create an Individual Care Plan that is tailored entirely around their individual needs to offer personalised residential care and dementia care.
Our respite care means families and carers can take a well-earned break whilst we take care of a loved one in our purpose-built care home.
At Heathland House our expert residential care ensures our residents live full and meaningful lives, with as little or as much support that is required. This may involve assisting with daily routines such as taking medication, assisting with mobility, washing and dressing as well as offering more complex care.
Our care team work with a wider body of healthcare professionals including GPs, chiropodists, podiatrists, dentists, along with district nurses to ensure the complete wellbeing of all our residents.
At Heathland House our dementia care focuses on caring for the ‘whole person’ and supporting their individual needs to ensure their overall wellbeing.
Our unique approach hinges on an understanding that nobody’s dementia is the same, and each person expresses their symptoms in a different way. Everything about our care is designed to preserve the security, dignity and independence of people living with dementia to make their lives enjoyable and fulfilling.
The Cinnamon Dementia Strategy
- A team that is trained in the fundamental principles of dementia care and led by a dementia specialist
- Care that celebrates the uniqueness of every individual
- Daily activity and living experiences that are geared to the people we are caring for, and which represent their life’s journey
- Personal and shared living spaces that are homely, comfortable and reflect the personalities that live there
- A pleasurable dining experience that is built around the needs and preferences of every individual
- Support to family and friends so that they can understand and participate in the care that we deliver
- Ongoing development of the way we do things; working with professionals to keep in touch with research and innovation
- Supportive, compassionate care until end of life
Dedicated dementia community
The dedicated dementia community at Heathland House is a special place where everything is specially designed to create an ‘inclusive’ dementia friendly environment.
Each area features clear signage and ‘landmark’ objects that serve as location markers to help residents to identify where they are, along with assisting with ‘way-finding’ around the community.
Our dementia care home
We work closely with external partners and bodies when it comes to the careful design and planning of each Cinnamon care home.
From the décor of the lounges and communal areas to the clear signposting and the location marker prompts that serve as guides, everything in our dementia care home is carefully planned so our residents live enjoyable and comfortable lives.
The compassionate respite care at Heathland House gives peace of mind to family members and carers, knowing their loved one is cared for by a dedicated team 24-hours a day whilst they take a well-earned break. Our care community is a special place where residents make new friends and enjoy new experiences every day.
A short stay at Heathland House luxury care home is a fantastic opportunity to experience the person-centred care and first-class facilities on offer, before choosing to move in permanently. Whilst our dedicated convalescent care team will help you recover physically and mentally in the best care home surroundings.
We’d love to meet you!