At Cedar Mews our person-centred care is all about understanding each person’s unique and individual needs and offering compassionate care 24-hours a day.
Each move into our first-class care home often involves family members as well as GPs to assess our resident’s specific care requirements and the level of support they need. At the same time, we get to learn more about the ‘whole person’ such as their personal interests and hobbies, their favourite food and what they like to eat.
Our residential care home in Birstall, Leicester is a special place that offers residents expert care, along with support with daily activities such as mobility, washing or dressing and help with taking medication.
The dedicated team in our home devote time to listen, provide companionship and be a friendly and familiar face for residents to turn to. Whilst our tailored enrichment activities ensure everyone is having fun and kept busy throughout the day.
At Cedar Mews the dementia care focuses on caring for the ‘whole person’, supporting their physical needs, and providing compassionate care to ensure their mental wellbeing.
Our unique approach is about celebrating the uniqueness of the individual and promoting their special character. In fact, every single aspect is designed to preserve the security, dignity and independence of people living with dementia, and make their lives more joyful and fulfilling.
The Cinnamon Dementia Strategy
- A team that is trained in the fundamental principles of dementia care and led by a dementia specialist
- Care that celebrates the uniqueness of every individual
- Daily activity and living experiences that are geared to the people we are caring for, and which represent their life’s journey
- Personal and shared living spaces that are homely, comfortable and reflect the personalities that live there
- A pleasurable dining experience that is built around the needs and preferences of every individual
- Support to family and friends so that they can understand and participate in the care that we deliver
- Ongoing development of the way we do things; working with professionals to keep in touch with research and innovation
- Supportive, compassionate care until end of life
Purpose-built dementia community care home
Lavender Lane is the name of our dementia floor which is home to our dedicated dementia community. Everything here is specially designed to create a dementia friendly environment. Like its name each area features bold and bright signage and objects of interest that serve as ‘landmarks’ and location markers to help residents navigate around the home.
Our dementia care home
We work closely with a number of external partners and bodies when it comes to the careful design and planning of each Cinnamon care home.
From the décor of the lounges and communal areas to the clear signposting and the location marker prompts that serve as guides, everything in our dementia care home is carefully planned so our residents live enjoyable and comfortable lives.
Caring for a loved one round-the-clock can be tiring and draining of mental and physical strength, and sometimes we all deserve a break to recover. Our respite care is a great opportunity for family members and carers to take that well-earned break knowing your family member is looked after by a friendly care team in a stunning care environment.
A short stay at Cedar Mews is a fantastic opportunity to experience our luxury care before choosing to move in permanently. Whilst our dedicated convalescent care team will help you recover physically and mentally in the best care home surroundings.
We’d love to meet you!